Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fruitful Eyes

Today Michael and I went to Cabin Coffee in Mason City, IA. We spent time with God reading our scriptures for the day! I enjoy spending time with Michael!! Our reading was Genesis 20-22; Matthew 6:19-34. My title of my devotion today is "Fruitful Eyes" because of the imagery I saw in my mind and in my spirit. Here is my devotion: The eyes are a gateway to the heart. Our actions are a reflection of our heart. The things in life that we allow our eyes to see will affect our thoughts, opinions, beliefs, behavior towards ourselves and others. We have control over what our eyes see and what affects our heart. What we treasure in life, we treasure in our hearts. Thinking of the trees in the Garden of Eden: which tree do we look to to eat? Good fruit or bad fruit... Do we want the fruit of the tree that will separate us from God or the tree that will bring us closer to Him. What our eyes see and what our hearts engage in will determine the way we behave as Christians.

My desire is to have fruitful eyes for my God in Heaven! Lord, lead me towards sweet and rich fruit so that Your Kingdom prospers. Amen.

No comments: